This isn’t a poem today. I just wanted to share all my misfortune that happened today so maybe you can laugh with me or at me. Whatever tickles your fancy.
- Going into work early this morning and my tire blows. POW!! RUMBLE RUMBLE RUMBLE (sound effects make it more vivid and I want you to feel my dread here.) I pullover.
- Grab spare tire, tire iron and….Where the fuck is my jack?..I turn trunk of car upside down to no avail. Called my brother to bring his jack.
- Brother shows up and tire is almost done when a mysterious white smoke fills the air coming from under the hood of my car. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ( That counts as a sound effect by the way.)
- I tow car to shop and end up 2 hours late for work. While at work, the heater goes out in my vehicle and I spend majority of my day in it freezing….SHIT.
- Finally, a black cat crosses the road in front of me to remind me that today is my unlucky day. It was on an empty neighborhood street so I know his crossing was meant for me and me alone.
Now that I’m home, I actaully laughed at all that happened to me today because at the end of the day, we have little control of what the universe throws at us. We can control the way we react to it, however. Remember to remain positive through all the craziness life has in store for us. BOOM!
Somehow after all that, I feel like working on my novel and so I shall. I hope you enjoyed my day as much as I did 😋